Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Philippine's, wowowee and Noynoy Aquino

Coat of arms of the PhilippinesImage via Wikipedia

I may be stepping a little out of my comfort zone here, but being married to a Filipina woman i think gives me a little bit of perspective in regards to what happens in the Philippines. Not much of a say, but still a little bit. So i will Steppe Up to the challenge.

If you happen to be a Canadian, or American, though i am not sure about what you can get in America when it comes to Filipino TV, may i STRONGLY suggest you call your local cable company and get the Filipino channel, ABS/CBN....

My wife watches this channel at least an hour every day. And i think it helps her to stay just a little bit connected to her homeland.

And i think i can safely say i really look forward to watching wowowee, which airs in the evening here in Canada. So it usually ends up on the Tv in our living room every evening when we get home from work.


I also look forward to watching the show about the Vampires, but for the life of me i can't remember the name of the show, except that it starts with "Agimat". If someone would like to leave a remark in the guestbook, or a comment below this article, with the complete name of this show, please do.
I am currently having a little back and forth jesting with my wife over Wowowee, and the departure of Willie. My wife keeps telling me that Willie was getting too full of himself, thinking he was too big for his own good, and it is best for him that he has left the show. I bug her every now and then when i say, "i miss Willie" on the show. I wish he would come back. Thats usually when i get the Filipina head shake. As if to say i don't know what i am talking about. I just love bugging her though.

The second thing my wife loved on the Filipino channel lately was the election of Noynoy Aquino as the new President of the Philippines. I find it just a little amusing sometimes, when we are driving anywhere, and she see's someone wearing a bright yellow shirt walking down the street, and she will say " there is an "Aquino" color. Of course, i keep my smile hidden to my self. I don't want her angry with me. LOL.

I wish Mr Aquino all the best and really hope he can do a lot for his Country. My wife does not really remember too much of the Marcos's time in power, she is a bit too young for that, but lets hope the country never goes down that road again.

All in all, i am gradually learning a little more about the Philippines, although i really do think i am just a little too old to learn Tagolog. I usually just ask the missus for a quick translation... it's much easier for me......

For ALL the Filipino's living in Canada, I truely hope you love living in this country.... Take care all.....


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep the language civil. No vulgarity please.